The weight loss industry is full of promising strategies to lose weight quickly with special diets or special supplements. Nowadays it is undoubted that good nutrition and physical activity are linked to health and prevention of many illnesses.
The crucial role of nutrition in human health is not anymore a hypothesis, as it has been well demonstrated by several scientific studies. Nevertheless, people seem not to understand that diet is not a short-term approach. Diet means a change in lifestyle! Diet means eating well over the time! Most people who lose weight following a diet usually regain it in relatively short time. So… why doesn’t diet work? Because people approach it in the wrong way!
It isn’t only a restriction on what you eat; it is a change in lifestyle, a different point of view. And it isn’t so easy, because junk food industry is getting stronger and stronger and it is able to influence mind and emotions of many people (especially young). For this reason it is extremely important to be aware of what we are eating. Body loves equilibrium. Nutrition is able to improve health but it needs time to succeed.
So in brief some points to keep in mind:
- Diet is not something to follow for a brief period. Healthy nutrition habits must become your routine. Include them into your lifestyle, they will guarantee you health over the time.
- Train daily to feel the advantages of a good nutrition. Physical activity is one of the most important factors for your health.
- Set reasonable goals in reasonable time. Extreme loss of weight in short time isn’t healthy and won’t last. Constancy is the key to obtain a great result in the long term.
- If you want to satisfy your sweet desire remember that the exception is not a problem if you are following a correct lifestyle but the same exception repeated overtime can be cause of problems for your health and weight management.
- Lifestyle change is the key to long term weight maintenance and health. Discipline means freedom!
And remember: we are what we eat!